Esler, Stephens & Buckley, LLP
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
888 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 700
Portland, Oregon 97204-2021
phone (503) 223-1510
fax (503) 294-3995
Esler, Stephens & Buckley
has a diverse, multi-jurisdiction practice in the areas of:
- Complex business litigation
- Securities litigation
- Intellectual property: patent (litigation), copyright, trademark, and trade secrets
- Business and nonprofit corporations
- Real estate litigation
- Public utilities
- Oppression of minority shareholders
- Accounting malpractice
- ERISA litigation
The Firm’s practice is sophisticated and varied, and based almost entirely on referrals from other clients and attorneys.
The Firm's partners have practiced together for more than 30 years, and have the highest rating attainable from Martindale-Hubbell (A-V). All three are Oregon "Super Lawyers".
- Michael J. Esler has written and spoken for the Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education program, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Multnomah County Bar Association, and the Northwest Securities Institute.
- John W. Stephens is the author of numerous chapters in the Oregon State Bar books on Civil Litigation and Contract Law.
- Kim T. Buckley has edited the 2003 Revision of Contract Law in Oregon and the 2008 Supplement, and he has written for the Oregon State Bar Civil Litigation Manual (“Motions to Limit or Compel Discovery”).
- The Firm's Senior Paralegal, Gary Hardiman, is a former instructor at UCLA's paralegal program and the author of "Buildings As Trademarks" for the AIA's national newsletter.